HOME IMAGE DIRECT LTD gathers and processes your personal data in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection regulation and law. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations, and explains how, why and when we collect and process your personal data.
HOME IMAGE DIRECT LTD registered office 299-303, Coventry Road, Birmingham, B10 0RA, United Kingdom. We are a company registered in England and Wales under company number .
What Information We Collect About You
We process your personal data to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services.
The personal data we collect is as follows:
- Your on-site browsing behavior, including the pages you have viewed, IP address and browser details etc.
- Your name, email, telephone and preferences.
- Your organization details, if provided.
- Your addresses, payment details and any other data you provide as required for processing your orders and returns.
- Communication between us, including emails, online chat messages and telephone calls.
- Blog and social media comments.
- Other data entered into our site for specific purposes, for example the creation of Wishlist’s.
- Any other data collection is detailed at the point it is collected in a separate notice.
How Do We Collect and Use Your Information
We collect data from you in the following ways:
- Your browsing behaviour on our website.
- The data you enter into online forms such as name, email, telephone etc.
- When you contact us, for example over email, telephone or online chat
- We process your information in the following ways:
- Tracking and analysing your browsing behaviour on our website for our own performance purposes.
- Sharing your onsite behaviour with third parties for marketing purposes.
- Fulfilling your orders, including placing them, taking payment, dispatching them and dealing with any returns.
- Responding to customer services requests via chat, email, telephone etc.
- Analysis of data for reporting, forecasting and site performance.
- Analysis of data for marketing purposes, including profiling. This may involve combining your data with that from third parties, such as Mosaic profiling data.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Data:
We do not share or disclose any of your personal data to third parties without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement.
Onsite browsing and marketing controllers:
Facebook power some of our programmatic activities. They track your browsing behaviour across multiple websites, and build a profile of your interests. This allows HOME IMAGE DIRECT LTD to show you relevant adverts on other websites. You may be interested in their Privacy Notice.
Google Campaign Manager
Order Fulfilment & Data Processors
We share your personal data with some other organisations as part of the order fulfilment process. This data processing is part of your contract with us when you place an order.
We also engage with the following organisations which we use as processors of your data. All processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
These companies are joint controllers with HOME IMAGE DIRECT LTD of your customer data, so you will need to contact them directly to exercise your data rights. Our order fulfilment partners are:
- Stripe provides us with payment processing and fraud analysis
- PayPal provides us with payment processing and fraud analysis.
- Apple Pay provides us with payment processing and fraud analysis.
- Google Pay provides us with payment processing and fraud analysis.
- UPS provides us with courier services.
- DHL provides us with courier services.
- DPD provides us with courier services.
- Royal Mail provides us with courier services.
Marketing, Promotions and Offers
In most cases, we will only send you email marketing communications if you have opted in to receive them.
When you place an order with us, we may rely upon a soft opt-in approach to send you emails along with our legitimate interest to process your data. If we are using this approach, you will be offered an opt-out when your data are collected.
In all cases you have the right to opt-out at any time, please see the footer of the emails for details.
You may opt out of other marketing communications via post, telephone or SMS, from the My Account area or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long We Will Keep Your Data For
The data you can manage from your My Account area will be stored until you remove it, for example your Wishlist’s and saved addresses.
Data about your orders and communications with us will be held indefinitely as we need a legal record of these.
Website behavioural data will be kept for up to 38 months, after which time we aim to only store non-personal data.
You may also delete your account which removes most of the data we hold about you - see the My Account section for more details.
Securing Your Data
We take your privacy and data security seriously and we take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place.
You have many rights around the use of your personal data. We are implementing them in the following ways:
Right To Be Informed
Your right to be informed about how we use personal data is contained within this notice, including:
- The purposes for which we process your data.
- The categories of personal data we hold about you.
- The recipients to whom your personal data has/will be disclosed.
- How long we intend to store your personal data for.
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about its source.
Right Of Access
You have the right to request the personal data which we hold about you.
If you have placed orders as a guest only, you must create an account for us to be able to verify your identity before we can process your request.
Right To Rectification
Right To Erasure
You have the right to request that we delete the personal data we hold about you. We have implemented a process within the My Account area which allows you to delete your account and most of the associated data.
There is some data which we do not delete:
- Your name and email, which we use to store the deletion request.
- Your order data, which we require for reporting and tax purposes. However, we will stop using your personal data for marketing profiling.
- Your communications with us.
- If you have placed orders as a guest only, please email your request to email@example.com.
Right To Restrict Processing
You have the right to restrict our data processing, which you may do in two places:
My Account, if you have an account.
If the processing is done by a different data controller, you will need to contact them directly.
Right To Data Portability
You may download the data we hold about you in the My Account area. We have not implemented any specific data portability initiatives, as we do not believe there are any standard approaches in the ecommerce sector. We will implement more data portability initiatives if this changes in the future.
Right To Object
You have the right to object to our data processing. To do this, please contact customer services.
Changes To Our Privacy Notice
Any changes to this notice will be posted onto this page. If the changes are significant, we may display a notice or seek your consent.